Laser Hair Removal
Lasers have been used for many years for a variety of medical cosmetic procedures including treatment of facial and leg veins, age spots and laser hair removal. The laser is a long pulse, high-energy laser that emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where it is absorbed. The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle leaving the surrounding skin unaffected.
Other hair removal options include shaving, plucking, waxing and depilatory creams, which provide temporary relief. The only other permanent hair removal option has been electrolysis.
Laser hair removal safely removes unwanted hair without damaging the pores of your skin. Facial , underarms and bikini areas can be completed in under 10 minutes. Other areas such as legs, or back could take longer to complete.
What to expect during your treatment:
- You’ll be asked to wear special eyewear to protect against the laser light.
- If this is your first visit, a test area will be done prior to a complete treatment. We will check your skin reaction before continuing on to a full treatment.
- Some patients experience discomfort during the treatment, different areas of your body are more sensitive to the laser. The degree of discomfort will vary with each person’s pain threshold.
- The treated are may become pink or red within 30 minutes of treatment, this may last a few hours to a couple of days. The sensitive area may be relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels.
- After treatments you should avoid direct sunlight to the treated area.
Hair grows in cycles; the number of treatments required depends upon many factors including skin color, hair color and the coarseness of the hair. Most people will require multiple treatments, as the laser hair removal process is only effective on hair during growth cycles.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immedialtely.
Laser Hair Removal Center
10692 S. US 1, Suite C
Port St. Lucie, FL 34952